How Do I Enroll?
It is very simple.. Kalos Health is voluntary. It is your choice to enroll and you have the option to disenroll at any time.
- Call us at 1-800-894-2464 (TTY: 711)
- We will guide you through the enrollment process.
- We will learn about the services and care you currently receive.
- If you are a new consumer to community based long term care services, our Member Service Department will transfer your call to the Conflict Free Evaluation Enrollment Center. The professionals at New York State Medicaid Choice (MAXIMUS), will coordinate an evaluation to be done at your home to establish your eligibility. If you are eligible for community based long term care, MAXIMUS will then assist you in picking a plan to meet your needs.
What happens next?
- If you are approved by the Conflict Free Evaluation Enrollment Center, are transferring from one plan to another, or are mandated for enrollment we will schedule a visit with a nurse for an assessment.
- We will explain the benefits that Kalos Health may offer you and discuss your possible enrollment.
- We will give you a copy of the Kalos Health Member Handbook and Directory of Providers.
- We will help you complete the enrollment agreement if you are interested in joining Kalos Health.
- We can assist you with the Medicaid application, if you do not have Medicaid, but are eligible to apply.
- If approved, your membership usually becomes effective on the first day of the month after the enrollment agreement is completed.
What will it Cost?
If you have Medicaid or are Medicaid eligible, you will only have to pay Kalos Health if Medicaid determines that you have excess income which will require a “spend down”.